Our Story

How it all started...

Itinerant Methodist preachers came through Medina as early as 1817, but it wasn't until 1834 that a congregation was formally established.  In 1859 the church bought two lots on Town Hill and built a larger frame building in 1860.  This structure survived the Great Fire of 1870 but burned to the ground in December of 1896.  A new brick building (to the right) opened its doors just 11 months later on the same S. Court Street location.  In the late 1950's, a new vestibule/front entrance and a three-story education wing were added to accommodate the growing congregation.

Expanding the vision...

We were, "praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people.  And the Lord added to 'our' number daily those who were being saved." (Acts 2:47).  The problem was, we grew so much we ran out of space!  As the need became evident, the Lord provided us with the 4747 Foote Rd. location.  For over a year, we built our current place of worship and the work continues to this day!  As we continue to grow, our building will continue to grow with us.  

Where we are headed...

What a fabulous thought!  There are transitional times in life when we focus on that question: as we near graduation from High School or College, as we ponder where a specific relationship with a significant other is going or even what our future looks like in our career.  But where are we headed as a church?  In a nutshell: We are a body of believers known as the Medina United Methodist Church, striving to faithfully follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in our lives as we live in relationship with God through His son Jesus Christ.  Where are we headed?  Wherever that leads.  Come and journey with us.  

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 8:15 am, 9:30 am and 11 am.